EB-1A: Alien of Extraordinary Ability
The EB-1A petition is for individuals that are able to demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics. No offer of employment is required for the EB-1A petition. The individual must be able to show consistent national/international acclaim and achievements in the field must be recognized through extensive documentation.
The EB-1 petition requires the following:
Evidence of a one-time internationally recognized achievement/award (i.e. Nobel Prize, Olympic Medal)
Documentation of any three (3) of the following:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
- Membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
- Published material about the individual in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Participation as a judge in evaluating the work of others, either individually or on a panel
- Original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Work that has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
- Performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- High salary/remuneration in relation to others in the field
- Commercial successes in the performing arts
The Manne Law Firm can help individuals interested in filing an EB-1A petition. Please contact us to learn more and to schedule a consultation.