EB-1B: Outstanding Researcher/Outstanding Professor

The EB-1B petition is for individuals that have been internationally recognized for outstanding achievements in a specific academic field. The individual must have at least 3 years of experience in teaching/research in their academic area. A job offer for a permanent tenure/tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or institution of higher education in the United States is required.

The EB-1 petition requires documentation on two (2) of the following:

  • Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
  • Membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement
  • Published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field
  • Participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field
  • Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field
  • Authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field

In order to apply for an EB-1B, the individual’s employer must file the petition. The Manne Law Firm can help employers interested in filing an EB-1B petition. Please contact us to learn more and to schedule a consultation.