National Interest Waivers
A National Interest Waiver (NIW) petition falls under the EB-2 category. An NIW petition requests that the Labor Certification requirement be waived because it is in the interest of the United States. Generally, National Interest Waivers are granted to those who have exceptional ability and whose employment in the United States would greatly benefit the nation.
An NIW petition requires three (3) of the following and demonstration that it is in the national interest that the individual work permanently in the United States:
- Official academic record showing that you have a degree, diploma, certificate, or similar award from a college, university, school, or other institution of learning relating to your area of exceptional ability
- Letters documenting at least 10 years of full-time experience in your occupation
- A license to practice your profession or certification for your profession or occupation
- Evidence that you have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services that demonstrates your exceptional ability
- Membership in a professional association(s)
- Recognition for your achievements and significant contributions to your industry or field by your peers, government entities, professional or business organizations
- Other comparable evidence of eligibility is also acceptable
Employer sponsorship is not required to apply for an NIW. The Manne Law Firm can help individuals interested in filing an NIW petition. Please contact us to learn more and to schedule a consultation.