B-1 & B-2 Visitor Visas
Business Visitor Visas (B-1)
Individuals may be eligible for a B-1 visa if they plan to visit the U.S. for business activities that are considered commercial or professional. Examples of such business activities may include, but are not limited to consulting engagements, contract negotiations, short-term training, and selling an estate.
Individuals interested in applying for a B-1 visa must be able to show the following criteria:
- Purpose of trip is to enter the United States for a legitimate business activity
- Specific limited period of time of stay
- Funds to cover expenses of the trip and stay in the United States
- Residence and other binding ties outside the United States which will ensure return abroad at the end of visit
- Individual must be otherwise admissible to the United States
Pleasure, Tourism, Medical Treatment Visitor Visas (B-2)
Individuals may be eligible for a B-2 visa if they plan to visit the U.S. for recreational purposes. Examples of eligible activities include, but are not limited to tourism, vacation, visits with friends/relatives, medical treatment, participation by amateurs in musical, sports and similar events or contests (for which they will receive no payment), and a short course of study during tourism (which is recreational, not for credit towards a degree and less than 18 hrs/wk)
Please contact us to learn more about B-1/B-2 visas and to schedule a personalized consultation.